英语演讲短文(利兹·特拉斯就职演讲(中英文,有删节))

英语演讲短文(利兹·特拉斯就职演讲(中英文,有删节))

Good afternoon,

下午好。

I have just accepted Her Majesty The Queen’s kind invitation to form a new government.

我刚刚接受了女王陛下的盛情邀请,组建新政府。

Let me pay tribute to my predecessor.

让我向我的前任表示敬意。

Boris Johnson delivered Brexit, the Covid vaccine…..

鲍里斯·约翰逊完成了英国脱欧、新冠疫苗接种等。

History will see him as a hugely consequential Prime Minister.

历史将把他看作是一位影响巨大的首相。

I’m honoured to take on this responsibility at a vital time for our country.

我很荣幸在我们国家的一个重要时刻承担起这个责任。

What makes the United Kingdom great is our fundamental belief in freedom, in enterprise, and in fair play.

英国之所以伟大,在于我们对自由、对企业、对公平竞争的基本信念。

Our people have shown grit, courage and determination time and time again.

我们的人民一次又一次地展示了勇气、胆量和决心。

Now is the time to tackle the issues that are holding Britain back.

现在是解决阻碍英国发展的问题的时候了。

We need to build roads, homes and broadband faster.

我们需要更快地建设道路、房屋和宽带。

We need more investment and great jobs in every town and city across our country.

我们需要在全国的每个城镇有更多的投资和伟大的工作。

We need to reduce the burden on families and help people get on in life.

我们需要减少家庭的负担,帮助人们在生活中获得进步。

I know that we have what it takes to tackle those challenges.

我知道,我们有能力应对这些挑战。

Of course, it won’t be easy. But we can do it.

当然,这并不容易。但是,我们可以做到这一点。

We will transform Britain into an aspiration nation…with high-paying jobs, safe streets and where everyone everywhere has the opportunities they deserve.

我们将把英国转变为一个有抱负的国家……有高薪工作,有安全的街道,每个人都有他们应得的机会。

I will take action this day, and action every day, to make it happen.

今天,我将采取行动,每天都采取行动,使之成为现实。

As Prime Minister, I will pursue three early priorities.

作为首相,我将追求三个早期优先事项。

Firstly, I will get Britain working again.

首先,我将让英国重新运转起来。

I have a bold plan to grow the economy through tax cuts and reform.

我有一个大胆的计划,通过减税和改革来发展经济。

I will cut taxes to reward hard work and boost business-led growth and investment.

我将通过减税来奖励辛勤工作,并促进企业主导的增长和投资。

I will drive reform in my mission to get the United Kingdom working, building, and growing.

我将在我的使命中推动改革,让英国运行、建设和发展。

We will get spades in the ground to make sure people are not facing unaffordable energy bills and we will also make sure, that we are building hospitals, schools, roads, and broadband.

我们将努力确保人们不会面临负担不起的能源账单,我们还将确保,我们正在建设医院、学校、道路和宽带。

Secondly, I will deal hands-on with the energy crisis.

第二,我将亲手处理能源危机。

I will take action this week to deal with energy bills and to secure our future energy supply.

我将在本周采取行动,处理能源账单并确保我们未来的能源供应。

Thirdly, I will make sure that people can get doctors’ appointments and the NHS services they need. We will put our health service on a firm footing.

第三,我将确保人们能够得到医生的预约和他们所需要的国民保健服务。我们将把我们的卫生服务放在一个坚实的基础上。

By delivering on the economy, on energy, and on the NHS, we will put our nation on the path to long-term success.

通过在经济、能源和国家卫生服务系统方面取得成果,我们将使我们的国家走上长期成功的道路。

We shouldn’t be daunted by the challenges we face.

我们不应该被我们面临的挑战所吓倒。

As strong as the storm may be, I know that the British people are stronger.

尽管风暴可能很强大,我知道英国人民更强大。

Our country was built by people who get things done.

我们的国家是由那些能完成任务的人建立的。

We have huge reserves of talent, of energy, and determination.

我们有大量的人才、能量和决心。

I am confident that together we can:

我相信,我们可以一起:

Ride out the storm,

渡过风暴。

We can rebuild our economy,

我们可以重建我们的经济。

And we can become the modern brilliant Britain that I know we can be.

我们可以成为我所知道的现代辉煌的英国。

This is our vital mission to ensure opportunity and prosperity for all people and future generations. I am determined to deliver. Thank you.

这是我们的重要使命,以确保所有人民和后代的机会和繁荣。我决心实现这一目标。谢谢你。

英语演讲短文(利兹·特拉斯就职演讲(中英文,有删节))

评论:与鲍里斯·约翰逊约翰逊的告别演讲比,利兹·特拉斯的演讲显得特别通俗易懂,且言简意赅,并未给自己贴金,但缺乏亮点,通篇口号较多,且看她将如何行动吧。

今日语料库

1)pay tribute

致敬; 敬意; 朝贡;

2)consequential

[?k?ns??kwen?l]

adj.相应的; 重要的; 随之而来的; 相应发生的; 作为结果的; 将产生重大结果的;

3)grit

[ɡr?t]

n.砂砾; 勇气; 沙砾; 毅力; 沙粒; 细沙;

vt.(在结冰的路上)撒沙砾,撒盐,撒沙子;

4)tackle

[?t?kl]

v.解决; 应付; 处理(难题或局面); 与某人交涉; 向某人提起(问题或困难情况); 抢球; 抢断; 抢截; 铲断; 擒抱摔倒; 抓获;

n.用具; (足球等)抢断球; 阻截铲球; (橄榄球或美式足球)擒抱摔倒; 阻截; 阻截队员; 体育器械; (尤指)渔具;

5) aspiration

[??sp??re??n]

n.渴望; 抱负; 志向; 发送气音; 送气;

6)get spades in the ground

铲子在土里,意思是做好准备,有充足的力量做什么事。特拉斯很喜欢用这个比喻,之前发表演讲,也用到了Spades are in the ground

英语演讲短文(利兹·特拉斯就职演讲(中英文,有删节))

7)hands-on

[?h?ndz ??n]

adj.实际操作的; 动手的;

8)daunt

英[d??nt]

vt.使胆怯; 使气馁; 使失去信心;

今天的内容就分享到这里啦

希望这份资料能够帮助到大家

版权声明:本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献,该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容, 请发送邮件至 770665954@qq.com 举报,一经查实,本站将立刻删除。
(0)
上一篇 2023-01-24 14:06
下一篇 2023-01-25 00:00

相关推荐